|World Day of Prayer
World Day of Prayer
is a worldwide movement of Christian women of many traditions who come
together to observe a common day of prayer each year, and who, in many
countries, have a continuing relationship in prayer and service.
- It is a movement initiated and carried out by women in more than 170 countries and regions.
- It is a movement symbolized by an annual day of celebration – the first Friday of March – to which all people are welcome.
- It is a movement which brings together
women of various races, cultures, and traditions in closer fellowship,
understanding, and action throughout the year.
Through World Day of Prayer, women around the world
- affirm their faith in Jesus Christ
- share their hopes and fears, their joys and sorrows, their opportunities and needs
Through World Day of Prayer, women are encouraged
- to become aware of the whole world and no longer live in isolation
- to be enriched by the faith experience of Christians of other countries and cultures
- to take up the burdens of other people and pray with and for them
- to become aware of their talents and use them in the service of society
More information >>
JEvents v1.4.3 RC2
Copyright © 2006-2008